Monday, July 14, 2008

Hike, laundry, drive


July 14, 2008 Monday
Bruce was ready to get on the road and I wanted a good morning hike. A compromise was made that we get up early go for a hike, get in to town (Campbell River) drop me off at the Laundromat and he can go to the “i” center and take care of his wireless needs. The hiking map posted was not to scale and the hike took longer than expected. Hence, we cut it short (but got 5 miles in) and headed to town.

Bruce caught up with his message boards and the falling market and I had a leisurely time at the laundromat. Interesting that I’d never thought I could really enjoy myself doing laundry….but here I was, relishing in the drone of a front load washing machine checking to see when the spin cycle completed. I casually walked over (dragging my feet) to a coffee shop and bought a cuppa, strolled back to transfer the clothes to the dryer. A relaxing morning.

On our way to Port Hardy to catch the ferry early tomorrow morning to Prince Rupert. We’ll stay there for all of the 16th, then on to Queen Charlotte Islands on the 17th.

No comments: