Wednesday, October 15, 2008

San Luis Potosi, SLP: The City of My Grandfather

October 13, 2008

My grandfather was born in SLP in 1900 and moved to the Texas in 1917. He left behind his siblings and family for the same reason most immigrants come to the US: a better life and lifestyle. This was during the Mex Revolution of 1910-1920. While traveling Mexico I wanted to meet distant relatives of this great country of Mexico. Fortunately, they wanted to meet us too. The photos below are my second cousins; my grandfather’s sister’s children, grand-children and great-grandchildren.

Photo left is my grandfather's sister: Inez Ferrer

Esta es me familia de Mexico:


Bruce and I felt privilege to visit with them, a real Mexican family, and feel the warmth, sincerity and kindness they gave to us, and to each other everyday. Martha and Patricia made a wonderful lunch for us that we will never forget! Muchas gracias!




Photo right: Ana, Inez Ferrer's great-great-granddaughter and her grandson (my second cousin) Rogelio in the background.

No comments: