Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where’s the Beef?

October 4, 2008


Revisiting Texas has been interesting. I see Texas differently than I did when I lived here. I realize Texans are mimicked fairly well on TV. They do actually wear cowboy hats, tight Wrangler jeans, braided belts with large oval belt buckles displaying a game animal of some kind and long-sleeved plaid cotton snap-button shirts. You find mostly trucks parked at the local BBQ eatery.

Texans are incredibly friendly, helpful and talk with a heavy Texas draw……like Bruce. They don’t say “yes” they say “yup” or “uhhhh huhhhh” and of course “ya’ll” for “you all”…which is singular……“all ya’ll” which is plural. I feel like I’m in the heartland of the movie, No Country for Old Men. Although, not all Texans are large, it is easy to see why their mid truncal girth is larger than their waist; the food is outstanding and hard to resist. Dare I say it rivals NYC diners!






Coopers Barbeque Brisket Sandwich!

No comments: